Storms and Flooding
AASFA - Stakefolder Update - NSW Floods
Click here to view the update from DPI and LLS, including information on assistance to landholders and communities resulting from the floods.
Leave options during and after extreme weather conditions
Stoppages or interruptions of operational business activities in farming businesses in affected areas are occurring in varying degrees.
NSW Farmers Workplace Relations team outlines here the leave options and relevant considerations for employers in managing their workers in these uncertain times.
Australian Government support payments activated for NSW storms and floods.
• Quickest and easiest way to claim is to call 180 22 66.
• Phone line is open now, eligible recipients can claim today.
• Check eligibility at www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/disaster
• Services Australia Mobile Service Centre and Mobile Service Teams mobilised to provide assistance when safe.
The Australian Government has activated the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) and Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) to support those heavily affected by the storms and flooding in New South Wales.
Support through the AGDRP and DRA is now available in the local government areas of Armidale, Bellingen, Central Coast, Cessnock City, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Dungog, Hawkesbury, Kempsey, Lake Macquarie, Maitland City, Mid-Coast, Nambucca Valley, Newcastle City, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Penrith, Port Stephens and Tenterfield.
More local government areas will be added following further assessments in consultation with the NSW Government.
- Fodder donations register here.
- Apply for fodder assistance here.
- Volunteer to assist with deliver of feed for farmers in need here.
Supporting our farmers
Natural Disaster Relief fund, if you would like to make a donation, click here.
If you have fodder you wish to donate click here.
Transport and Emergency Support