Our purpose and vision
NSW Young Farmers is seen as the leading advocacy group for young people in agriculture in NSW.
NSW Young Farmers represents and advocates for young people in all areas of agricultural production. We are active in policy and decision making with the NSW Farmers Association. We help grow our members through professional development and engage members and local communities in events across the state.
We want young people in agriculture to have a voice within the Association and be able to influence policy development and implementation for the benefit of their industries and communities. We want to help young members progress through the Association to leadership roles.
• Provide a platform to formulate and progress policy positions relevant to Young Farmer issues in
• Engage with young people in agriculture across NSW to increase the representation of Young
Farmers in the Association.
• Be recognised by decision-makers as the foremost advocacy organisation for youth in agriculture in
• Deliver services to members that benefit their personal and professional development and enhance
the image of the broader Association.
• Support young members to become effective and respected advocates, and encourage succession
throughout the Association.
• Act professionally in Young Farmer meetings, representation and engagement with decision-
makers, and assist the Association in identifying and managing risks.
• Responsibly manage the funding allocated to Young Farmer Council by the Association, as well as
funding obtained through alternate avenues.
By focusing on
• Professional development –Young Farmer members can explore advocacy roles and representative
positions, supported by training and leadership opportunities.
• Business-led upskilling – delivery of Young Farmer Business Program and other skill building courses
• Industry Networking – facilitating events and social networks of young farmers through branches,
activities, and linkages with members of the Association and agricultural industry professionals.
• Collaborative Leadership – working with stakeholders and partners on shared issues for collective