Policy Director - St Leonards
Leading a small team, this position facilitates the development, analysis and execution of policy related issues on behalf of NSW Farmers. This position plays a key role in proactively engaging with and influencing key stakeholders at a state and federal level to ensure that issues critical to members are best represented to shape effective legislative reforms. .
• Manage the research, development and drafting of recommendations for industry policy
• Work with Policy Committees and Taskforces to agree on policy positions
• Develop and manage relationships with Government and non-government stakeholders to advocate and advance NSW Farmers policy priorities
• Initiate research on priority policy issues and other potential or emerging issues, and contribute to strategic advocacy initiatives
• Represent the Association at public forums and other meetings
• Provide policy advice to relevant stakeholders including the CEO, Board, Advisory Committees, Government officials, parliamentarians and media
• Develop and implement actions plans to support policy initiatives in line with the organisational strategic plan.
• Develop and maintain effective relations with relevant Government and private sector policy experts to target key areas of policy influence.
• Establish and maintain effective communication networks with members
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong policy background with excellent technical skills and the ability to provide deep and considered analysis across the subject matter. Experience with agricultural, industry and innovation policy will be highly regarded. Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to effectively operate and manage relationships within a complex stakeholder environment will be critical.
Applications close 5pm, Friday, 15th November 2019
Applications including a resume and cover letter to be sent to: email@example.com