Project Officer - Kids on Farms
This role will work with NSW Farmers’ members and staff, farmers, teachers and industry to deliver the NSW Famers’ Kids on Farms project across NSW. It will support farmers hosting primary school visits by primary school students to farms to build students’ knowledge of farming and interest in agricultural careers, and encourage young farmers to partner with teachers looking to include agricultural content in their classroom.
To facilitate connections between farmers and primary schools in NSW; work with farmers to design and negotiate farm visits by primary schools; work with teachers to tailor agricultural messaging and activities linked to the primary curriculum; communicate project aims and progress in a relevant and timely manner; coordinate functions and events relevant to the project; manage and coordinate project sub-contractors, budgets and reporting..
• Lead the delivery of the Kids on Farms project to engage farmers, primary school teachers and students in farm visits using a digital platform;
• Provide information and analysis for milestone and budget reports and media responses and other communications;
• Plan, coordinate and deliver project events and activities;
• Assist in the preparation of communication material in the form of online and traditional media, reports and resources;
• Identify and build professional networks with relevant primary education and agricultural stakeholders in urban, regional and rural NSW.
We are looking for:
• Someone who takes initiative
• A natural collaborator with ability to build and maintain relationships
• High level of organisational and project management skills
• Someone who is tenacious and a conceptual thinker
• Tertiary qualifications in Education (primary) and/or Agriculture
• Someone who understands agriculture.
This is a rewarding role that will create opportunities for primary school students and teachers to visit farms and meet farmers, and build students’ knowledge of farming and interest in agricultural careers.
Applications close Friday, 16 December 2022
Resume and cover letter to be sent to [email protected]
For inquiries ring (02) 9478 1000