NSW Farmers Dairy Annual General Meeting
The NSW Farmers (NSWFA) Dairy Committee invites dairy producers from NSW to attend the NSWFA Dairy Section Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Sydney. The meeting will be held adjacent to NSW Farmers Annual Conference which will be held 18-20 July.
The event details are:
• Date: Monday, 17 July 2023
• Time: 10:00am to 1:00pm (registration from 9:30am; followed by light lunch at 1:00pm)
• Location: Rosehill Racecourse, Rosehill NSW
The AGM provides dairy producer members with the opportunity to:
• Discuss current issues affecting the industry and set the priority policy directions for the coming year
• Elect representatives to the NSW Farmers Dairy Committee
• Exchange information with other producers and industry stakeholders
All members with a dairy interest are welcome and encouraged to attend the AGM and submit their nomination to join the committee. Observers are also welcome to attend.
Further information and the full agenda will be provided closer to the meeting date.
Registration for the event is essential - please register here...
Nominations for the NSW Farmers Dairy Committee
The NSW Farmers Dairy Committee unites, represents, and provides leadership to dairy members, both within NSW Farmers and externally, on matters relating specifically to the dairy industry.
The committee is comprised of eight members with two delegates elected per electoral zone. Term lengths are two-years, and one delegate for each zone is elected each year. The positions open for nomination are:
• North Coast (1 x two-year term)
• Central NSW (1 x two-year term)
• Sydney & South East (1 x two-year term)
• Riverina (1 x two-year term, 1 x one-year term)
Nominations open on 22 May 2023 and close on 5 June 2023 (after two weeks). If required, elections will take place via a ballot if more nominations than positions are received (as per the Section 29 Bylaws)
To be eligible you must be a current financial member of NSW Farmers and your nomination must be seconded by another current financial member.
If you are interested in nominating, please complete the online form here...
Nominations are due by 5pm Monday, 5 June 2023.
Dairy Members who are members of a Branch located within the boundary of the North Coast LLS and the Hunter LLS.
Dairy Members who are members of a Branch located within the boundary of the Central Tablelands LLS, Central West LLS, North West LLS, Northern Tablelands LLS and the Western LLS excluding those members based in the Wentworth and Balranald LGAs.
Sydney and South East
Dairy Members who are members of a Branch located within the boundary of the Greater Sydney LLS and the South East LLS.
Dairy Members who are members of a Branch located within the boundaries of the Riverina LLS and the Murray LLS and members located within the Wentworth and Balranald Shires
Dairy Industry Policy Motions
Members can submit motions for the determination of dairy industry policy at the meeting. Acceptance of motions opens on 22 May 2023 and closes 5pm, 19 June 2023 (after four weeks).
If you would like to submit a motion for discussion, please submit here..
• 22 May 2023 – Nominations for committee representatives and motions open
• 5 June 2023 – Nominations for committee representatives close
• 19 June 2023 – Acceptance of motions close
• 17 July 2023 – Dairy AGM
If you have any questions, please contact:
Elen Welch, Senior Policy Advisor – Agricultural Industries (Extensive)
[email protected] | 0419 124 691